The Montessori Model United Nations aims to inspire young people for a better world, as Maria Montessori says: “In the mind of the child, we can find the key to progress.” Every year, students from over 20 countries around the world aged between 9 and 15 years are included as conference delegates. MMUN or the Montessori Model United Nations is an event that helps students to be part of the world and feel the opportunity to change the world.
- Part of the educational and academic benefits for the students of attending the conference are:
- Intellectual and social growth
- Self-preparation and responsibility
- Acquiring critical thinking skills
- Stimulating an individual sense for justice
- Developing research skills
- Time management skills
- Building international partnerships
- Debating and Discussing
- Tolerance towards the nations
In May 2018 for the first time four children from Bulgaria participated in the program. The four Montessori students from Discovery School presented Italy and defended their thesis on “Threats to International Peace and Security Caused by Terrorist Acts”.
Our community supported the participation of 6 Bulgarian children at the international conference Montessori Model United Nations (MMUN) conference in Rome on May 20-23 2019. Тhe collected amount by the fundraising campaign for our children who will participate in the Montessori Model United Nations (MMUN) international conference in Rome are:
- Concerts Tickets: 1483 BGN
- Donations from Otkrivatel families: 500 BGN
- Sales of a charity bazaar: 3 243 BGN
Total amount collected: 5 226 BGN
Many thanks to everyone in our Otkrivatel community for your exceptional support; all of you together is what makes Otkrivatel Montessori School such a special place to learn, work and live.
We wish all living creatures on Earth Earth love, kindness and joy!