The school is full for the academic year 2019/20. We will consider requests for enrolment in the academic year 2020/21; or children moving from abroad.
Here are the next steps:
- Sign up to, and attend, a classroom visit or an Open day by clicking here.
- Talk with us to find out if Otkrivatel is the right place for your family.
- If you think it is, complete the online registration by clicking here. We will then enter your child’s name onto the waiting list.
- We invite you, and your child, to visit Otkrivatel so that we can get to know each other. For 6 year old children, a trial day may be organised.
- If at the trial day we form the judgment that your child will thrive in this environment, we then send you a letter confirming we are able to offer your child a place.
- We will invite you to a meeting, because it is important for parents to understand the aspects of our work, together to discuss the vision and expectations, the commitments and engagements for the benefit of your child.
- In order to secure your place, you must respond with a written letter of acceptance within 2 weeks of the offer being made.
Places will be offered to children in order of priority:
- age appropriate *;
- parents who intend to keep their child in the school until age 14;
- having a sibling already at the school;
- participation in the Otkrivatel community; and finally
- the date of registration on the waiting list
* The entry point into Otkrivatel is typically 15-18 months and 6 years.
Classroom visit and Open day
Classroom visit and Open Days are the best way to get an overview of the education we offer at Otkrivatel.
Visit and Meeting
We are passionate about this way of seeing, and being, with children. Like anyone who is passionate about something, once we start talking it is hard to get us to stop!
We encourage you to visit our Montessori classrooms, to observe atmosphere of discovery, to meet teachers and get an overview of the Montessori approach. So please do get in touch to book a visit, by clicking here.
Each Open Day covers the Montessori Toddlers Community (age 14 months to 3), the Children’s House (age 3 to 6) environments, and the Montessori Elementary (age 6 to 12).
We run three Open Days over the course of the year – one each in the Autumn, Winter and Spring.
One short note worth mentioning is that the Open Day is designed to give adults an introduction to Montessori. As you know, the needs of children are very different from the needs of adults. Strange as it sounds for a place that is all about children, we have found over time that it works best for parents to attend without their children for this first visit.
We would love to meet your child on another occasion when we can give their unique personality our full attention.
The next Open Day is scheduled for 23 January 2020. Book your space, by clicking here.